HAFB Solar PV Interconnection Project
Hill AFB funded approximately 3500kWdc ground mount solar PV system as part of their ESPC program. To support this project and facilitate interconnection of the PV system to CLP-owned utility distribution system, HAFB requested CLPE to conduct interconnection study, design interconnection system, construct, and commission the system. CLPE modeled the solar PV outputs and developed two alternatives for interconnection.
With HAFB’s inputs CLPE narrowed down to best interconnection option and completed a detailed design for the interconnection system. Design included step-up transformers, isolation and protection point using recloser, a section of underground line, riser poles, and some overhead line that connects to CLP’s existing overhead feeder. CLPE also supported the construction of the interconnection system and completed testing and commissioning of the system with the solar PV fully operational.
Location: Hill AFB, Utah
Market Sector: Government
Services Type: Energy Engineering
Client: U.S. Air Force
- Interconnection of large ground mount solar PV
- Coordinated relaying and protection
- Underground and overhead construction
- Recloser on a pole for isolation
- Pad-mounted step-up transformers
- Safe and reliable interconnection of solar PV system
- Real time metering and monitoring
- Automated control and protection